Conventionally, pneumatic and hydraulic actuators were the chosen device for carrying out different types of linear motion tasks. However, with significant research and development in the last couple of decades, DC actuators have become the preferred device because they are precisely precise and versatile for use in different types of applications. You can carry out a number of tasks such as lifting up or pushing down, pulling out or pulling in, moving in a linear direction etc.
In this article, we will give you an overview of the features and attributes of such an actuator:
• As compared to the traditional forms of actuators such as the hydraulic and manual ones, the electrical ones are much more precise, repeatable and smooth. This makes them great for even the most critical applications.
• Another important factor to consider here would be the noise levels. While conventional devices did tend to add on the existing shop noise levels, this is not the case with the modern DC actuators.
• There is no denying the fact that as compared to previously available actuators, the DC variety that's available in 12v and 24v versions costs more. However, these costs are an investment in the future because they do not need as much maintenance and last much longer.
• For instance, hydraulic actuators had problems such as fluid replacement and leaks, which made them unsuitable for use in the food and beverage industry. But with an electric actuator none of these problems exist.
• Another important point to consider here would be that an electric actuator also owns fewer of the components, which means that you have to worry that much less about maintenance.
• When it comes to installation costs, the electric devices certainly score higher. They can be integrated into several products or applications without too many hassles.
• Quick and reliable feedback options are also available with these new age devices. You can program them for added accuracy and repeatability. They are also less redundant because there is no risk of manual override.
So, if it is reliability and ruggedness that you are looking for, then it certainly helps to opt for DC actuators as compared to manual and pneumatic ones. These devices are also often referred to as linear motors or electric motors. And in some cases, they are termed as micro motors. You have the choice of multiple forces and reasons based on what your applications require.
In fact, these actuators can be used for moving, moving or lifting loads that range anywhere between 10lbs to 500lbs. They can be controlled and managed with the help of different accessories that are also provided by your chosen manufacturer. In fact, DC actuators can also be operated with a remote control.